These are some of the best chicken wings I've ever had in my entire life. Pastured Chicken Wings from Pasturebird makes a huge difference, as does the creamy richness of the Manuka honey and tangy heat of the Sriracha Chili Sauce.
Manuka honey is a superfood known to promote digestive and immune health, and it adds a special taste. I recommend Comvita's Manuka Honey from Amazon. I also recommend using a hickory smoked sea salt instead of regular salt, because you only live once.
This recipe strikes a balance between the creamy sweetness of the Manuku honey and a touch of heat from the sriracha so you can enjoy the great tasting Pasturebird chicken. Save your bottle of "Wicked Nightmare Extract" for grocery store chicken.
1) Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F
2) Mix all of the dry coating ingredients together in a bowl
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of smoked sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
3) Pour the dry mixture on the chicken wings in a large bowl and mix it around
Start with the best chicken around -- Pastured Chicken Wings from Pasturebird. Fresh pasture every day. You'll taste the difference.
4) Line a cookie sheet with foil and spread the wings out on the sheet
You might want to place an oven-proof metal grill on top of the foil, because the wings will stick, but I've found they don't stick enough to be a problem.
5) Turn, turn, turn
After 20 minutes, turn the wings over. After another 20 minutes, turn the wings over again. After 10 minutes, turn again. Remove from oven.
6) Make and apply the sauce
Put the baked chicken wings in a large bowl, pour the sauce and mix well.