A lot of us are staying home more often, and that means more family time is centered around food. Plan your week out and win at home in the most delicious way possible with a meat-centric meal plan!
Check out these 15 dish ideas with recipes for 3 essential cuts (and read on for the chance to be featured in our next post!).
#1: Ground Beef (or Ground Chicken, Ground Turkey, and Ground Pork) is perhaps the most versatile cut and can be made into a variety of meals throughout the week.
To help your meat go further, try making meatballs with a savory bolognese sauce — delicious ladled over spaghetti or angel hair pasta.
Looking for something else? Here’re 4 other dishes we love with our Craft Ground Meats!
- Classic: Meatloaf - This hearty comfort-food dish stays moist with the addition of tangy ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Quick & Easy: Tacos - When you need something in a snap, tacos are always a hit and can be jazzed up with the toppings of your choice.
- Repeatable: Chili - Throw it in the crock or stockpot and have a go-to meal all week long.
- Spice it Up: Loco Moto - A contemporary Hawaiian dish, loco moco consists of white rice, topped with fresh beef, a fried egg, and rich gravy.
#2: Chicken Breast is a staple to have in your kitchen — it’s lean, healthy and takes on a variety of flavors and seasonings well.
For a nutritious and flavor-packed meal that checks off all the main food groups, try making Honey Dijon Chicken with Apples and Greens.
For more chicken dishes, check out these 4 other recipes for weeknight essentials.
- Classic: Chicken Pot Pie - A creamy filling, hearty vegetables, and a buttery crust complete this soul-soothing recipe.
- Quick & Easy: Southwest Stuffed Chicken Breast. In just 30 minutes, have tender, juicy chicken breast stuffed with a zesty Tex-Mex cheese filling.
- Repeatable: Chicken and Coconut Lime Caulirice Bowl - This dish makes great healthy lunches and is even paleo-approved.
- Spice it Up: Spicy Chicken Fajitas - Hot and spicy fajitas are a classic Tex-Mex dish loaded with bonafide fiesta flavor.
#3 Pork-Butt/Shoulder is a great cut to slow-cook, packs lots of juiciness and flavor, and easily feeds a crowd (or makes great leftovers).
If you want something to last all week or something that freezes well for later, Pork Carnitas are a great choice and become the elusive juicy and crispy combination of yummy goodness.
Here's 4 more everyday meals featuring this classic cut.
- Classic: Roasted Pork Shoulder - Complete with classic root vegetables, this dish boast smoky, rich flavors and makes a beautiful presentation when sliced and served.
- Quick & Easy: 3-Ingredient Pulled Pork - This super simple recipe can be prepped in just a few minutes, then slow-cooked to perfection.
- Repeatable: Beer-Braised Barbecue Pork Butt - Eat it plain, over rice, or on a bun for several delicious meals on repeat.
- Spice it Up: Braised Pork with Winter Fruit - Dried fruits and red wine bring out the natural sweetness of pork in this stay-at-home, chilly-day recipe.