Tackle these steaks like a pro.
Anyone can serve a hot dog at a tailgate, but it takes a real veteran player to serve up some steaks. Nate Cantu of @can2_bbq breaks down how to level up your tailgating game with steaks!
- Season Steaks with your favorite rub.
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking.
- Cook Steaks on indirect heat, furthest away from the heat source. Keep the grill between 250-325 degrees.
- Pull steaks at 115°F (Use your Thermoworks Thermapen) and let rest for 5-10 minutes while your grill gets screaming hot.
- Sear Steaks over direct heat for 1-2 minutes per side. Flip multiple times to get a perfect crust.
- Pull around 130 degrees.
- Slice and enjoy!